You can receive a lot of advice regarding stress at work during your life: make stress your friend; ignore it; face it and deal with it, etc.
Every opinion is priceless and depends on the concrete situation. We do not have to forget that our social and economic circumstances, the environment we line in and our genetic makeup have crucial roles when we talk about stress.
But what is stress? According Mental Health Foundation, stress is our body`s response to pressures from a situation or life event. Stress can vary from person to person, some people are more sensitive than others.
We cannot give you a recipe how to heal from stress because it is not a specific disease. But we can provide you 10 ways to deal with it every time you start to feel nervous, anxious, tired, overwhelmed, unmotivated at work. Symptoms can be different and is important to detect them at the beginning.
10 ways to deal with stress at work … and in life:
1. Learn to say ‘No’ – this is completely true in cases when you find yourself taking on more than you can handle. Your rejection will not make you a bad person, the opposite. If you explain that you work on something important and cannot take more projects right now because you do not have time, your colleagues or managers will understand you and find a better solution which will lead to better result.
2. Create a balanced schedule – it relates to the first advice. If you create a balanced schedule, you will feel more motivated to work hard and to do things pricelessly. You will maintain a normal routine without staying late at work.
3. Talk to your colleagues – if you are finding yourself in tough situation, do not try to find an answer alone – connect with others. Talk to your colleagues and manager in order to find a better solution. Two heads are better than one.
4. Plan your day beforehand – do not postponing a task that you can do now. Plan your actions carefully and stay focus.
5. Concentrate first on those tasks that are most important to you – use this basic rule:
Urgent and important
|Important but not urgent
|Urgent but not important
Not urgent and not important
6. Learn from mistakes – and do not be so hard on yourself. The famous writer Robert Kiyosaki says – ‘Do not waste a good mistake … learn from it’. The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing, right? Do not repeat the same errors over and over again – no matter if we talk about deals, projects, etc.
7. Be yourself – do not pretend to be someone else. When you do not feel appreciate or comprehensive at work, talk to someone who understand you. Otherwise, you will not be comfort in your own skin.
8. Do not underestimate physical exercises – when you do sport, like running, swimming, dancing, cycling, etc., your body produces the hormone of happiness – endorphins. You will be not only physically healthy, but also mentally.
9. Get enough sleep – at least seven to nine hours a night. Your stress levels will drop and you will be more productive.
10. Accept stress – like we said above, make stress your friend. You have to be honest with yourself that you are in a situation that needs to change.
Give your stress wings and let it fly away.
Picture`s source: Pixabay